8 January 2013

Chris Turner | LOVELife Is a Challenge

I love it when I find talented emerging musicians in the underground music scene. There is something natural and original about these musicians that I really enjoy. They are some of my best kept secrets. I recently discovered and have been replaying the music of Chris Turner who is currently on tour with Esperanza Spalding. Classically trained in music, Chris Turner combines streams of jazz, hip-hop, funk and soul in his music. He transitions in and out of falsetto with a smooth ease. His first single "Brainstormin" from his mixtape "LOVELife Is a Challenge" happens to be my favourite song from the album.

Listen to "Brainstormin" here:

For the complete album, visit Chris Turner's bandcamp here.

You're welcome! ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...